Never Compromise-Act on it

Hi all,
I just thought I would share an incident which touched me. I kept a title for the write up as “Never Compromise-Act on it”. This is a true story that happened on 12th July 2020. I saw a new family entering our Church (Pacifica I think), during our choir rehearsal for the service. The lady leads the whole family, the order as follows: 3 small kids less than 5 to 6 years, and her husband, and they came and sat in the 3rd row. I was thinking, we got one more family added to our church (lol, just kidding). As the service started, lots of hymns were sung according to our Methodist tradition. But the major blow which struck me was during announcements (its called community notice, as per Kiwi culture). One of the members (Tim) of our congregation introduced the new family (Samantha called as ‘Sam’) and welcomed, and stated that she was completely blind, and a resource person in the Children’s’ program, happened one day earlier. This took a ‘What’, and the whole time thinking about ‘how she was leading the family properly into the church and singing the hymns.
Then I was discussing with my neighbor from choir about the extrasensory receptor (crazy neuro stuff) and following the service I took her for a coffee at our church premises (traditional stuff, called ‘Morning Tea’). Then I realised that even her husband was also blind, and he has tunnel vision (partially lateral vision I think).
Here comes’ the twist, in the following week, during our regular choir practice on Wednesdays’, I was shocked to see her sitting in our Choir. We normally sing 4 parts, where our choir director brings lots of symphony pieces from Bach, Mozart, etc., which I share in our groups. I was observing her, how she sings. Although she sings soprano, it needs few practices as well especially Bach, then I realised that she was having her phone with lyrics typed by someone from our choir, she sings by accessing her phone. However, she had gained musical experience. She was very promising and moved with boldness. The thriving force was the passion in her.
To conclude just a remark, God has given us good health, do we act for him or just compromising.

Never Compromise. - YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Avoid the Titanic Mistake

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Structure